Our Product Management group has an exciting career opportunity available for a Business Systems Analyst with at least 3 years experience writing highly detailed functional specifications in large-scale web application design environments. You will work with internal teams and external customers to translate the vision and customer requirements of Editorial Manager and ProduXion Manager products into detailed functional specifications for our software engineering team to create world class publishing workflow solutions.
- Translating Marketing’s vision of the Editorial Manager and ProduXion Manager products into detailed functional specifications that can be handed to Engineering for development
- Working with scholarly publishers to analyze business and workflow processes and to propose software solutions to make process and workflow more efficient
- Work with sales, marketing and client services to understand prospective and current customer requirements, and proposing software solutions that satisfy those needs
- Writing detailed functional specifications, user stories and other documentation to be used by software engineers, QA engineers, database administrators and other technical staff
- Trouble-shooting software bugs and providing recommendations to management for bug resolution
- Reviewing technical specifications, and other technical documentation and providing feedback as appropriate
- Demonstrated excellence in writing functional specifications, technical specifications, and/or other documentation (e.g. User Manuals, Training Documentation, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- 3+ years work related experience is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Basic understanding of XML construction
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Critical thinker who easily ‘changes hats’ between what Marketing wants and what Engineering needs to successfully implement solutions
- Must be a results-oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational skills and the flexibility to manage changing business priorities
- Experience in the scholarly publishing arena, technical writing, web-design and web-based reporting is extremely beneficial, but not required.
For more information and details, please contact Jack Howell, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
To apply click here!