Account Manager, Client Services
Aries Client Services department has an exciting career opportunity available for an Account Manager. The Account Manager (AM) will manage approximately three to five of Aries’ large commercial publisher accounts and provide strategic support as publishers implement new and existing functionality using Editorial Manager (EM) and ProduXion Manager (PM) to support their evolving workflow needs.
The AM will manage a small team (three to five) of Account Coordinators (AC) responsible for providing day-to-day support for customers. The AM will serve as an escalation point for the ACs and assigned accounts to ensure publisher needs are met and prioritized appropriately. The AM will work closely with Aries Product Management and Engineering teams on any custom development requests submitted by publishers to provide relevant context where needed.
- Manage small team of ACs who work in and outside the US and are dedicated to providing day-to-day support to publishers
- Maintain direct communication with key contacts at the publishers assigned to develop an understanding of their unique workflow needs and foster a responsive, collaborative working relationship
- Develop and manage implementation plans based on specified publisher requirements
- Lead onsite meetings between Aries and publisher staff to make sure all agenda items are addressed and next steps identified
- Schedule and maintain regular conference calls (weekly/biweekly/monthly as needed) to address ongoing issues or developments
- Collaborate with Aries Sales staff to provide feedback in process proposals
- Conduct demonstrations and trainings for EM and PM either at customer locations or via WebEx as needed
- Schedule and help implement system training
- Perform EM and PM software testing in conjunction with Aries ACs and recreate system problems publisher may experience
- Act as intermediary between publishers, Product Management, and the Engineering staff
- Manage all projects for assigned customers, such as feature requests, custom reports, ongoing training needs, custom tutorials, etc
- Identify and communicate opportunities for workflow improvement
- Attend industry functions such as SSP and CSE meetings
- Travel as required, about twice a quarter (from a day to a week-long trip abroad; current passport required)
- Other duties, as may be assigned.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in STM publishing
- Experience working in an editorial office or in editorial, production, or customer service position for a scholarly society or publisher
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Basic understanding of Web environment and computer skills
- Highly flexible and diplomatic
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage through competing priorities
- Capacity to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) status
- Familiarity with journal peer review and production processes
- Knowledge of multiple computer platforms and Internet browsers
- Current or prior membership in SSP, CSE, ALPSP, and or ISMTE
- Experience managing a small team
To apply, please contact Jack Howell, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.