We have a newly created position available for a Quality Engineering Lead within our Editorial Systems development team. This key individual will be responsible for ensuring consistent quality engineering practice across all areas of our product suite, develop quality engineering tools and practices to support the ongoing rollout of new features, provide external visibility of Quality through reporting dashboards and regular attendance at leadership meetings.
- Lead Quality Engineering to successfully assure that the quality of the software products is consistently high-quality.
- Directly support our Agile squads in the adoption of appropriate tooling to automate the testing of their software.
- Regularly report defects across our product suite, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate and driving process improvement to reduce these levels.
- Integrate other appropriate tooling in the continuous integration pipeline to improve the quality of the deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for test automation to continually optimize the efficiency of testing and work within the framework of the Quality Engineering team to fulfill these needs.
- Implement and cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Represent Editorial Systems in the wider Research Technology Quality Engineering community and point of contact for the Director of Quality Engineering for Research Technology.
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of QE best practices.
- Identify areas for cooperation and, with peers or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Lead or participate in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Work with Quality Engineering staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
- Ensure that all quality engineers are empowered to ensure that quality assurance best-practice is being followed.
- Work with architects, developers, and network and system engineers to research and identify root causes of performance issues.
- Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance with consistent direction.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments in Quality Engineering that may benefit the organization.
- Conduct product reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- 10+ years of Quality Test Engineering experience with Web Applications
- 2+ years of Quality Test Engineering experience with Big Data Solutions
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Quality Engineering methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of process improvement.
- Advanced knowledge of the software development process.
- Leads the development and execution of performance and automation testing for large scale projects.
- Advanced knowledge of QE and testing methods.
- Proven ability to develop and execute complex automated and performance testing across traditional and Machine Learning/Big Data projects
- Strong knowledge of industry trends.
- Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
- Exhibits innovative approaches to process improvement.
- Ability to oversee the administration of testing tools/environments.
- Ability to lead small to medium-sized QE team(s).
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums
- Experience with Selenium is a plus
For more information and details, please contact Jack Howell, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.