February 22, 2010 | North Andover, MA –
Aries Systems Corporation and Atlas Co., Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan are pleased to announce that they have extended their business partnership to include the distribution of Preprint Manager Production Tracking in Japan.
Preprint Manager is a web-based solution for managing the scholarly manuscript “supply chain”. It is already used by leading publishers such as Nature Publishing Group, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and the Geological Society of America.
Users of Preprint Manager have reported that it:
- Reduces time to publication
- Increases control over cost and management of content-related production tasks
- Accommodates changing vendors
- Provides important cornerstone to business continuity planning
- Increased flexibility for managing a remote workforce
- Ability for existing production staff to handle publication program expansion
- Ability to rapidly retool production processes to create innovative publications and respond to competitive threats
- Ability to track production tasks for both internal staff and external vendors
- Eliminates costly and time-consuming re-keying of data from peer review system
- Web-based file inventories eliminate version control confusion
- Offers remote work options for employees and freelancers
Allows offices to easily arrange coverage during illnesses and holidays
- Supports different workflows for different publications
- Accommodates workflow changes quickly and easily
- Improves author satisfaction with convenient direct links (without logging in) to submit proof corrections
- Reduces number of errors
Aries Systems transforms the way scholarly publishers bring high-value content to the world. The company’s innovative and forward-looking workflow solutions manage the complexities of modern print and electronic publishing – from submission, to editorial management and peer review, to production tracking and publishing channel distribution. As the publishing environment evolves, Aries Systems is committed to delivering solutions that help publishers and scholars enhance the discovery and dissemination of human knowledge. Publish faster, publish smarter, with Aries Systems.
About ATLAS Corporation (http://www.atlas.jp/)
ATLAS was founded in 1986 as a system developing firm, and has been active in the scholarly publishing system business. It has been a subcontractor of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) for the J-STAGE electronic journal publishing platform in developing the system and supporting user publishers. It is the only company in Japan specializing scholarly publishing systems. Its office is located in 2F Suitengu-Hokushin Bldg., 1-39-5 Nihombashi kakigara-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0014 Japan.