As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, it affects each of us differently. Aries recognizes the increasing impact this has on publisher’s editorial and production operations, including an overwhelming influx of COVID-19 related manuscript submissions and constant need for available peer reviewers.
Aries Systems is dedicated to providing our customers the highest level of service to ensure their businesses continue to move forward during these uncertain times. Publishers may need to adjust current workflow practices to navigate the new challenges to the peer review process posed by COVID-19. To help support this initiative, we have developed a set of tips for Editorial Manager and ProduXion Manager users to optimize their workflows for the current climate.
- Add a custom COVID-19 message to your EM/PM site’s home page letting your customers know your plan of action or support
- Provide extensions to Authors, Editors, and Reviewers as needed
- Easily update your availability dates within Editorial Manager should you be impacted by COVID-19
- Set manuscript flags to quickly identify and group COVID-19 research, allowing that content to be pushed through workflows faster.
- Customize Editor/Author letter templates to include COVID-19 messaging in relevant email communications
- Create custom merge fields with COVID-19 related messaging. Custom merge fields allow you to add/remove this messaging quickly and easily
- Set up an independent EM site dedicated solely to COVID-19 research
Please contact your dedicated Account Coordinator for help in implementing any of the above best practices for your journal or publication. We are in this together and we are here to help.