The 17th annual Editorial Manager User Group Meeting is quickly approaching! Held on June 20-21st in Boston, MA, EMUG 2019 offers users the opportunity to network with colleagues in the industry, learn more about feature updates, and provide feedback for future product releases. In addition to the traditional bootcamps and breakout sessions on the agenda, Aries will also be hosting a panel discussion during the meeting.
Panel Discussion: FAIR Data, Data Deposit Requirements and Repositories will kick off the beginning of day two of EMUG, Friday, June 21st. Featuring a lineup of six diverse industry experts, the panel will be moderated by Aries Director of Product Management Tony Alves.
Some of the key questions and topics to be addressed throughout the session include:
- What is FAIR data and why is it important?
- Examples of data deposit requirements – what motivated the policy, and how was it implemented?
- Examples of how the FAIR Data initiative is supported and experiences participating in the project
- What services do data repositories offer?
- How are repositories used? (i.e. How is data cited? What items are deposited and how they are categorized? What are the challenges?)
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions following each topic. The panel will feature the following guest speakers:
- John Chodacki, Director, University of California Curation Center, California Digital Library
- Katie Einhorn, Peer Review Manager, American Psychological Association
- Michael A. Friedman, Ph.D., Acting Co-Director of Publications/Journals Production Manager, American Meteorological Society
- Wouter Haak, VP Research Data Management, Elsevier/Mendeley Data
- Daniella Lowenberg, Dryad Product Manager, University of California Curation Center, California Digital Library
- Dan Valen, Director, Business Development and Strategy, Figshare